Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Thursday, January 7, 2016
HELLO EVERYONE - HAPPY 2016! Oh my god, I am finally back in blogging. It's been months since I last made a blog and I have tons of email asking random questions that I have yet to reply to. I am really sorry for being MIA this past few months - work happened to me and it has been really demanding so during my off days where I should be blogging, I just sob myself to sleep or out on road trips. I will try little by little to get back on blogging - I have a lot of travel and beauty posts that I am very excited to share with you.
What a great way to start 2016 is to have an empties blog, I can say I am proud of myself for finishing a bunch of products but some of them are actually stuff that I already got tired of or are really old that I decided to toss out and not use anymore.
1. L'oreal True Match Concealer in Light/Medium: In my opinion, L'oreal is one of the best drugstore brands out there like it will never fail you at all. Especially the True Match line, from its powder down to concealer is the bomb diggity. If you are looking for cheap but really quality concealer, go for this one it sucks that it is only small tube.
2. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer: I am on high primer binge this past few months. I stopped using Primer for quite awhile because I started using CC creams which works perfectly fine even without a primer on my skin. I have a two Sephora nearby my house so I have access to so many make up products easily and we all know the isle of doom when you go to the counter those $20 and below deluxe sizes and this is where I see this Hourglass mini. You know how pricey Hourglass is so I dab on the chance to try it and it didn't disappoint me, it feels heaven on the skin. I totally go for re-purchasing this one even on the full-size one cause this is good stuff.
3. Nichido Tinted Brow Gel - This is a local brand from the Philippines. When I first tried it, it was good but it didn't serve its purpose very well, it will smudge right away + the brush angle is so uneven, I can't shape my brows very well. Not gonna repurchase this again.
4. Chanel Ultra Correction Lift Lip Cream: This the most expensive purchase I made ever for a make up or skincare. I got this in Shanghai for 600RMB which is roughly around $92 but I believe this is a discontinued line already - it is good, made my lips not chapped and all, I would recommend this if you are up spending for a good lip creams.
5. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes: MY HOLY GRAIL IN DRUGSTORE LIPSTICK! I highly suggest you buy this especially if you are looking good mauve lipstick + it is so cheap!
6. Nature Republic Aqua Super Aqua Max White C: I've tried the pink one and it is good but this is one is way better. I come from a very tropical country so I have fair tan skin, I don't wanna be too white but I wanna be in between so I like to keep my skin clear and bright and Nature Republic never fails me, I love every line they have + it is all natural. I just hope they don't discontinue this.
7. Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder: Never tried Rimmel before but I heard rave reviews about it from Youtubers so when I first arrived here, I am in dire need of powder so I head down to Walmart and saw they are carrying Rimmel so I went on it and got it, it is good and definitely would repurchase it.
8. 3D Crest White Arctic Fresh: I am very particular with the taste of my toothpaste, I don't like too minty or what. I always have use Colgate but I have heard 3D Crest White are good so I tried and I like it, now I am trying the white tube one and I like it better.
9. Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in N20: This is a good powder, really velvety but it dried out on me that's why I decided to let it go but overall it is a good powder especially if you're the type of person who can use up powders right away.
10. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pure: When I first got this, I didn't like it at all. It gave me crease and it didn't sit well with my make up, was actually getting the Rx Primer instead of this one but I was in a hurry in Sephora and I picked this one instead but I gave it a try for one more week and it ended up working out just fine but the smell is so strong plastic scent and I am not about that - it is an okay primer but if you're someone who doesn't mind scents go for it.
11. L'oreal Infallible Pro-Sprayset: This is the first time I used up a setting spray and a lot of people raving about this on Youtube, I don't wanna spend so much for something for my first try and it will not work out so I've opted on a cheaper alternative and it is definitely a good stuff but I am currently using my MAC Fix+ so I won't be repurchasing this anytime soon.
12. Maybelline Baby Lips: They are too old that's why I am tossing all them out to the bin but they have served their purpose very well. Maybe I'll keep one lipbalm this time.
13. L'oreal Miss Manga and Miss Manga Rock: You can tell I really love L'oreal, I have so much stuff from them. Haha! One thing in my vanity kit that I don't pay high price, it is the mascara because I feel drugstore has a lot of good ones. I only paid like two times for the pricier Mascara and thank the heavens they are both good. Both the regular Miss Manga and Miss Manga Rock were amazeballs but didn't give me much volume so had to work a lot on it.
14. TREsemmé Touchable Softness Shampoo + Conditioner: THESE TWO ARE OUTRIGHT BAD! Oh my god, it didn't give justice on what they are claiming to be, instead of touchable softness by hair became outright dry. My hair is frizzy but really soft. Both sucks and not gonna repurchase!
15. Bath and Body Works in Sweet Magnolia & Clementine: I rarely get anything in Bath and Body Works aside from Body Mist or Candles but if I really like the scent I would definitely take the plunge and buy lotion + shower gel. I like floral + fruity scents so this one is definitely lola-approved!
16. St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter: When I first ran out of my soap stash with all of them contain whitening products, I had a hard time looking for an alternative but I settled with this one and bless your heart, it works for my skin. It didn't give me itchiness and what not, it is so calm and made my skin really soft.
I will have The Empties #4 in a bit after this because I don't wanna bore you with so much trash. Haha! I will try very best to post more this 2016. Chao bellas! ♡
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Hello everyone and welcome to the Part 2 of my Empties series. If you haven't checked out my first Empties blog - click here. For those who are new to my blog, The Empties is a blog series where I put on all the products I've used up with details how they worked out on my skin, is it a yay or nay and especially the verdict if I am going to repurchase it or not.
I've decided to add some body care and more hair care stuff since they are practically beauty essentials as well. Sadly, there's no make up in this batch but I am sure in the next couple of blogs I might add a few since I am almost up with some of my make up + I am also downsizing my make up collection by a lot especially with the lipsticks. So yeah, I hope you can enjoy reading:
Nature Republic Lemon Foot and Nature Peeling Foot Mask
This is around PHP 195.00 ($4.83) I believe. Basically this is one of the foot masks out in the market where you have to put both your feet on in plastic masks kinda thing and let you feet soak up with lemon essence for about 1-2 hours or even longer if you feet really need it. One thing though, the smell is not so winning on this one but still bearable. Haha! It didn't start peeling until the 4th day and it lasted until the 8th day if my memory serves right. Warning though, it is very addictive but don't forcely remove the peeled off skin, let it pull of by itself. This procedure can be done every 3-4 months. I would definitely get this again when I am due in June.
3M Nexcare Acne Patch Variety Pack
This is around PHP 125.00 ($2.81) When I tell this stuff definitely work, it definitely work. This is a miracle worker to be honest. I put this on the first night I had it then the next day my pimples is completely invisible. The only downside to this one is the lack of size options - some are either too small or too big nothing in between but still manageable. I will definitely get this again when I am done with Nature Republic School Diary Blemish Patch.
Tony Moly Berrianne Whitening Essence
This is PHP 898.00 ($20.18) I believe. You know how I hate the other Berrianne line of Tony Moly that I have put it on Products I Regret Buying because it gave so much acne like there's no tomorrow? I bite the bullet and tried this one because the SA in Tony Moly assured me that it is a lot like a lot better than the other one + I was left with no choice because I only use Whitening Essence, Etude House has none they used to but they phased it out and Nature Republic has but it was quite expensive at that time.
I got this with 30% off since there was a sale in Tony Moly that's why I decided to get it. Thank the heavens above it is actually really really good, very far off from the other one. It is so refreshing to the skin and ofcourse it brightens up my pigmentation left my the other one. I used this at night only and serves me up really well. I will definitely repurchase this again some time in the future.
Etude House AC Clinic Intense Red Spot Balm
This is around PHP 600.00 ($13.49) I believe. I was looking for a effective balm spot since some of pigmentations were really stubborn. I was due to some of face masks that day so I decided to hit up Etude House and they are still having the 20% off sale so I was chatting up with the SA, she said this one is a good remedy of spots, she was actually offering to get the whole line but I passed since I have products I am actually using as of the moment so I just got this one.
AC Clinic Facial Foam is included in the set and it is travel size so it is perfect for carry-ons but I have yet to try that one. In lieu with this product, it actually works but it has a balmy scent so you might want to watch out on that but other than that it works perfectly - tap it on with your spots and it will fade after a couple of days. Definitely on my repurchase list.
Nature Republic Aqua Super Aqua Max Moisture Watery Essence
That was a mouthful. Haha! I believe this is around PHP 595.00 ($13.38) I used this as my day time essence since it only give moisture to your skin and I have my sunscreen on. This works okay but I feel something is missing but I can't really pin it out. There are three variants for this line - Blue is for Oily skin I think? Green is for combination and this one is for Normal skin. I am keen to try the Green one but I think served up its role. So so with the repurchase.
Cream Silk reSHAPE Nature Nourish Conditioner
This is less than PHP 100.00 ($2.25) I am really a Cream Silk kinda girl. They really brings out the best in my hair but I don't particularly like this one because it gave too much volume in my hair. I want my hair to lay flat as possible since I feel they are more manageable that way unlike if it has more volume plus I rarely style my hair so yeah it doesn't work out for me. Not repurchasing this one.
Dove Advanced Care Ultimate White
I forgot the exact price for this one but it is around PHP 100.00-150.00 mark. I didn't know my underarm is sensitive until I tried using another deodorant and it gave me rashes and itchiness so I hurriedly threw the other deodorant in the bin and bought this one. I don't have a perfect white underarms to be honest - it is one of my insecurities in life but I am working on to get it whiter lol hahaha! Nonetheless, this works wonders - doesn't irritate my skin at all + ever since I started using this, there are days that I can just not put on a deodorant, even with sweat I don't smell at all. Sounds weird right? I will definitely purchase it again, matter fact I am due to get one in a few.
Beauty Buffet Facial Masks
This is PHP 49.00 ($1.10) and I believe this one of the most cheapest facial masks that exist in the market today - it is sold in Watsons. Korean Face Masks like from Etude House, Tony Moly, Nature Republic and etc are around PHP 55.00 and above mark depending on the skin concern. Even though this is really cheap, they work amazingly in the skin. Watch out though because this is very thin so it breaks easily - one time I ended up ripping two facial masks in one go. Haha! But other than being a thin facial masks, it is all good. I still have a lot in my back ups so no repurchasing for now.
Tony Moly Pureness 100 Mask Sheet
This is around PHP 70.00 ($1.58) I believe. One of my holy grail facial masks to be honest. Hands down, one of the best masks that exist in the market. Thick and really really soft sheet + really comforting in the skin. Will repurchase this over and over again.
SkinWhite Advance Whitening Facial Cleanser
This is around PHP 46.00 ($1.08) - really really cheap but really really effective. I would a lot of bucks with my other skincare regimen but I will remain faithful this toner because it doesn't irritate my skin + really helps clear out some of my black spots right away. This is one of the two non-korean product in my skincare routine. I am due to get this one again in a few.
Likas Papaya Skin Whitening Soap
This is PHP 77.00 ($1.73) I believe. Ahhhh this soap - serves right up my childhood alley. I used to use this a lot when I was a kid then I stopped and I outgrew it but I was in search for a good soap because Gluthamax is really really good (it should be because it is really expensive) but it melts easily so you're left with nothing after 5-6 uses. I realised Likas Papaya is still good as ever but a little pricier now but not as pricier as Gluthamax so I came back home and it didn't disappoint me. Definitely repurchasing it again.
I hope you enjoy reading this kinda thorough blog post about my empties.
See you next time! x
Not a Sponsored Post